Wednesday 26 February 2020

The Return of the King: Book Three in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by R. Tolkien

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL REVIEW






BOOK DESCRIPTION
The Return of the King is the towering climax to J. R. R. Tolkien's trilogy that tells the saga of the hobbits of Middle-earth and the great War of the Rings. In this concluding volume, Frodo and Sam make a terrible journey to the heart of the Land of the Shadow in a final reckoning with the power of Sauron.
In addition to narrating the prose passages, Rob Inglis sings the trilogy's songs and poems a capella, using melodies composed by Inglis and Claudia Howard, the Recorded Books studio director. This recording also contains Tolkien's preface to the trilogy, including a prior history of the ring, and shire habitat, history, and folkways.

VISIT HERE FOR ALL YOUR BABY PRODUCTS AND GAMES


Release date 


OCTOBER 9, 2012



MY REVIEW

Lord of the Rings - what can you say. The story is a classic for the ages. I'm going to go back and watch the movies, which I'm sure won't measure up to the book - even though they too are classics.

I found two very interesting points in the story: first, you always hear that Frodo is the hero, but the way I read it - the real hero is Sam. He's the one with the drive to finish the mission, even under the most dire conditions. He seems to be the brains as well, using a common sense approach to get him and Frodo out of trouble, or to avoid trouble.

The other thing is that the book has the longest epilogue that I've ever seen. This is all good however because after reading the whole story, you don't want to see it end.

About the best compliment I can give this book: as someone who never reads a book twice, I can definitely see myself reading this again. I'm sure I'll pick up additional spins & facts that I missed the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja

 Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja A new promotion platform has been launched by V2C Networks, on instagram, which i...