Sunday 16 February 2020

On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century by Timothy Snyder

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL REVIEW






BOOK DESCRIPTION
#1 New York Times Bestseller • A historian of fascism offers a guide for surviving and resisting America's turn towards authoritarianism.
The Founding Fathers tried to protect us from the threat they knew, the tyranny that overcame ancient democracy. Today, our political order faces new threats, not unlike the totalitarianism of the twentieth century. We are no wiser than the Europeans who saw democracy yield to fascism, Nazism, or communism. Our one advantage is that we might learn from their experience.

On Tyranny is a call to arms and a guide to resistance, with invaluable ideas for how we can preserve our freedoms in the uncertain years to come.

"Mr. Snyder is a rising public intellectual unafraid to make bold connections between past and present." —The New York Times

VISIT HERE FOR ALL YOUR BABY PRODUCTS AND GAMES


Release date 


FEBRUARY 28, 2017



MY REVIEW

This book is a must read for anyone that has any interest in learning from the mistakes that horrible tyrants made in the past and demanding of our representatives that the same mistakes don't repeat the politics of past times laid out in this book. I had reservations when I first started reading it. I was afraid the author had an agenda and was trying to get me, the reader, to see things through his lens. By five pages in I realized this was not the case. The mark of a truly non partisan history book is to finish the book and have no clue what political party the author identifies with. That was the case when I finished this. And that is as it should be. The book is expertly written by an author with an obvious extensive knowledge on the subject matter and I had it read in one night. It was such a page turner that I couldn't put it down. I had 2 different judges (a family law and a criminal judge) recommend it to me and now my whole office has read it. I hope everyone that cares about learning about and not repeating history's mistakes will read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja

 Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja A new promotion platform has been launched by V2C Networks, on instagram, which i...