Saturday 25 March 2017

The sound of Rain

My review 
Loved this book. It held my interest from the first page, and I hated to put it down to do anything else. The main character, Nicole Foster, is really interesting, very well drawn. I enjoyed that she wasn't without problems or flaws - trying to fight her addictions - but was still a good person who tried hard to do the right thing. Plus there was that thing about picking the wrong guy. Her ex-boyfriend, the cop who got her fired from her job in homicide, I despised him. From the beginning, the plot kept me guessing, which I really like. That it involved a kid really touched me. So it was a good read, one I recommend highly to anyone who likes mysteries and thrillers.

Looking forward to Gregg Olsen's next novel. I like that he keeps them coming and keeps me reading!

Release date  December 13,2016

Book Description 
Former homicide detective Nicole Foster has hit rock bottom. Driven off the force by her treacherous partner and lover, she’s flat broke and struggling with a gambling addiction. All Nicole has left is the dream of a warm bed at a homeless shelter and the haunting memories of three-year-old Kelsey Chase—whose murder case ended her career.
As Nicole obsesses over the old facts, she realizes everything about that case felt off: a disinterested mom, a suicidal pedophile, and too many questions left unanswered. When the little girl’s grieving father begs Nicole for help, she’s drawn back into the investigation…and given one shot at redemption.
But the deeper Nicole digs, the more evil she uncovers, including betrayals that hit painfully close to home. Will a shocking discovery be the key to finally getting justice for Kelsey and resurrecting her own life?
Click on the image icon to buy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja

 Promote your books on instagram @heval_instamarketing_9ja A new promotion platform has been launched by V2C Networks, on instagram, which i...